View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 01:08 AM   #21
pjurisprudencia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
pjurisprudencia is an unknown quantity at this point
Temps warmed up this Sunday so I last minuted decided to follow through and spray the front bumper again since i was tired of seeing the front end all ratchet. Bought a new DeWalt orbital sander and a spare harbor freight gun for base again which thank goodness i did since my regular HF gun decided to take a dump on me and I am usually really good at keeping them clean and whatnot but i guess the inner seal decided to just give out and let air into the paint cup. Sanded the bumper down, primed it, blocked it with 400, and just went through to base and clear, I didn't know i was pretty much out of reducer, and clear coat so I was lucky i had just enough for this. Here's a video of the straight out of the gun finish and some more photos. not perfect but not a show car also but also not complete trash so im happy. By no means am i a professional or even an amateur painter, i do this because i can afford the materials and have the equipment and would rather do it myself than pay an arm and a leg for a paintjob. It is very much do able to spray your own cars but it does take time, patients, and is not always the cheapest route.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xgGX61QLcI