View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 07:44 PM   #88
laextreme5
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
laextreme5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well ended up having some time today to get some work done, had a few alignment cancellations so i was able to head home early and get some shit done.

Welded up the indention i cut into front subframe, still need to work on my welding once there is heat in the metal. I, not compensating in my speed for it so I'm ether too fast or too slow. So I'm either almost burning through or not quite getting enough penetration.
IMG_1399 by lawrx, on Flickr

IMG_1400 by lawrx, on Flickr

I had gotten home with some daylight left so i took some shots with actual sunlight on the car with where the motors final resting place is in respect to the engine bay.
IMG_1401 by lawrx, on Flickr

IMG_1403 by lawrx, on Flickr

IMG_1416 by lawrx, on Flickr

Picked up a used truck starter to use for mock up to check oil line clearances and header room as well. Header wise i should have plenty of room to make what i want. Regarding dry sump oil lines, I'm not able to run the center port as it will hit the motor mount/ subframe. When i first put the starter on i wasn't thinking i could run the rear most port. But once i put the 90* fitting on i think i can just manage to get it to run and be out of the way by massaging the motor and starter a bit. By massaging i mean grinding on the motor and a hammer on the starter for a slight indentation haha Also dont worry about the rubber line, i will be using braided stainless line on the actual install.

IMG_1405 by lawrx, on Flickr

IMG_1406 by lawrx, on Flickr

IMG_1407 by lawrx, on Flickr

IMG_1408 by lawrx, on Flickr

IMG_1409 by lawrx, on Flickr

IMG_1410 by lawrx, on Flickr

IMG_1413 by lawrx, on Flickr

Once the subframe was welded up, i pulled the motor out and bolted the subframe up to start measuring and mock up for the new mounts for the steering rack. I ended up having to notch the passenger side mount to go around the nipple for where there hardline connects to the rack
IMG_1420 by lawrx, on Flickr

IMG_1423 by lawrx, on Flickr

IMG_1424 by lawrx, on Flickr

IMG_1426 by lawrx, on Flickr

Last edited by laextreme5; 03-14-2016 at 09:44 AM..
laextreme5 is offline   Reply With Quote