View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 04:15 PM   #1114
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
FD Texas was MEHHHHH to say the least. That track was really fun but definitely highlighted the grip and power that my car doesn't have.

My qualifying went decent. First run was conservative and landed me in 13th with a 75. 2nd run was looking a lot better, didn't lift from clip one until I was almost into outer zone 3, but I was coming in with WAY more speed than I had before so I got a little scurrd and parked it. It really highlights that in FD you have such little time to find that something extra. 2 points can be 3-4 positions and that can change your whole weekend and championship.

Top 16 I lined up with Trent Beechum. We have been driving together for a few years now. He's a really good driver in a Pro1 Mustang that was driven in previous years by JTP. My chase was scruffy, probably my worst run of the weekend. I entered with decent proximity but when he missed inner clip 1 I wasn't on his line so I got my nose chopped off and lost all momentum. This put me on a terrible line and I lost all proximity. This layout definitely punished you if you make a mistake as it's basically all on power and if you're even a quarter second late you are going to lose. My lead was ok but his chase was on point. He even bumped me at inner clip 1 and kept strong proximity and good line through the whole run. He moved on and ended up 2nd overall.

Needless to say I'm extremely disappointed. While I don't think I have all the car to win events, I do feel like I have the skill to end up on the podium every weekend.

Coming into the final round in Phoenix I'm sitting 8th in points and within a shout of a Pro1 license. Wish me luck!

Here are a couple pics from the event. Thank you to everyone for your messages and support, it really does mean a lot to know that people appreciate a slightly different approach to professional level drifting.