View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #90
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Well long story short... decided to bring the car home to get some extra work done on it since all thats really left to fabricate is the bash bar and blending on the turbo flange manifold to turbo side. Other than that.... a bash bar is in the works...but won't take much time at all. So me and johnny got his trailer and picked up the car from the shop and parked her back into my garage.

So I got a little work done on her inthe past couple days...but not as much as i'd like.
Anyways..

I got the Radiator Drain bung welded in the radiator

then put the actual drain in there. I spent the extra 3 bucks to get a name brand one from summit racing.. just don't want any crappy leaks haha.

THen I drilled out the 8 holes I had already had for my Rad/IC mounts and ground down some Nuts so we could weld them into the frame of the car. This didn't take but about 35 min... a good drill and a belt sander worked flawlessly here =-)

I think I might have forgotten to take pics of them welded in....but once they were I ground them down just a tad so they sat flush with the frame.

And to add to my pile of parts... these came in =-)
S13 PBM's with built in spacers!! up next their modded angle knuckles!

my car sitting at home after all these months!!

Then I started working on blending the turbo manifold. The welds on the inside needed a lot of smoothing out.... so I got to work accordingly.
Before

during

After

porting table madness

I really took my time on these..and I think it showed. Came out well... or at least i'm happy with it haha.And thats just about where I left off...
well I ordered some -10oil line for one of my coolers because the line wasn't long enough in it's newer location to fit.
Also, gave up on trying to fit the OEM fans onto my 23x12" Radiator... I must've spent 3 hours carefully trimming them until I realized that it just wasn't going to work. They're just too wide depth wise.. they after trimming they were still just too bulky...they were crushing my radiator lines... so I said screw it i'll order slim fans

Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote