View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 12:53 AM   #1
joshg51
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
joshg51 is an unknown quantity at this point
☆ My Good/Bad Luck Charm ☆: The long and odd rescue of a S13

Hi everyone, I figured I'd share the build of my S13 since I haven't really done that in detail even tho I'd like to.

It all started in 2014 around the time of Final Bout 1 that I came into possession of this coupe.
Untitled by joshg51, on Flickr

It was a car the guys at Gold Star had gotten for from someone that had to get rid of it since their neighbor wasn't happy it was sitting on their lawn.

I bought the car from Max (deolio) after unsuccessfully searching on and off for about 3 years. Now I know what you're thinking, "240s are cheap why did it take you so long?" Well I'm impatient for saving money, My job working for my dad as a mechanic wasn't making so much since work was slow and I already had a daily that i was working on a little bit. This car wasn't exactly for sale but i bugged max enough to sell it to me and he needed more final bout money. I thought it was the perfect platform since it would help me learn about the car while building and i'd know everything would be in good shape since a lot of new parts were gonna be needed to put this thing together.

Dual cam KA he threw in, unknown condition but the guy he got if from said it was good

Car didn't have a trans but got one from a customer of a friend

The car in it's new home, my shop. Where I had every tool possible at my disposal so no excuse as to why i couldn't build this car. I started working on cars with my dad around the 7th grade and at this point I'm in 2nd year of college.

Shortly after getting the car I made an impulse buy on some SSR Gartmaiers on yahoo since they were really cheap, i put them on boat shipping since i knew this car wouldnt be ready soon.

So i didn't want to put that motor in without checking it first, so we pulled the head off and to check the sealing abilty of the top and bottom. Head was perfect but we found out the pistons were cracked.

One rebuild later

messy but seated with radiator
IMG_4107 by joshg51, on Flickr

the start of aero

garts came in and got some lips for cheap from a friend, need modding to fit tho

eventually gathered all this little bits to make the car run and move around but she wasn't road worthy yet

ISIS/ISR Blast pipe exhaust kit, like the crappiest exhaust you can buy if your car is low FYI, fits like shit too.

more aero

always wanted a double din so did it in this car

5 lug

new rucas since old ebay ones that came on the car were fucked

Coils i think at this point. 150 megans in the front and free racelands in the back, sounds awful be legit rode well for cruising.

5 lug on with borrowed rears

D-Max Hood and 5zigens

More Low

Full set of 5zigens

zeta 1
seat2 by joshg51, on Flickr

cusco digo and spray dyed back seats

Spary dyed carpet with interior lit up

attempts to make car one color (rattle can)

all red stock tails
Sponsored Links