View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Exclamation Project RB (How To)

Sup Zilvian's
It seems the RB swap is not very well documented, as well as parts needed to do the swap. I think im going pretty in depth so I figured I'd share my build.

For those of you wanting to do this Swap, To do it correctly with reliability is not a cheap swap.

The Engine is pretty much complete right now minus sending the turbo off to get ported and fitted with new turbine wheels.

I plan on buying a Long block and rebuilding the bottom end, The reason I didnt with this one....Im impatient

Just waiting on Yury to finish the new Wiring harnesses so i can drop it in.

I got TONS of pics and lots documentation but i will just post sections at a time so it not just one huge pic thread, Unless thats what ya'll want.

Parts Sourced from :
Enjuku Racing
Phase 2 motortrend
FR Sport
240sx Motoring
The Nismo Shop
and the Biggest Help of All espeically on all OEM parts
Russell @ NissanParts.cc
^ Awesome Store GREAT Prices
Russell can get you pretty much ANY OEM part,
Thanks Russell!!

So on to the Build.

Heres my S14 that the RB will be going into, Im NOT going for 800hp, this is pretty much gonna be a Family car/DD so 350whp will be good enough.

Picked up an RB25 last Oct and began the inspection and basic rebuild

I Bought the Engine from JDM Online.com
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!! See Business thread --> http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html

(whats that on the right???? a 20B!!!)

The Wife seems pretty excited

So put the wife to work breaking it down

Head looks very clean

Got the head pulled cylinder walls look good.

Cleaned the tops of the piston

Pulled the oil pan to check for Gold, luckily no gold!!

I want to say the turbo is blown, but im hoping the engine was laid on it side causing the oil to seep through the seals

But I have decided to send the turbo off to get ported and fitted with new metal turbine wheels

Ahhh The perfect Weekend

New OEM Oil Pump installed

Bought a Full RB Gasket Rebuild kit

Head Milled, New OEM H/G, New Valve Seals, ARP Head Studs Installed

As she sat, waiting on back ordered parts Ordered an N1 Water Pump, seems to be much controversy between the N1 and The OEM pump.
Ive hears the N1 is not good for DD'n......Guess I'll find out.

I normally dont like to cheap out on Parts but damn 1K for an Intake manifold..... Sorry Greddy
Picked up an ISIS Manifold

Everything bolted up pretty easily.

comparison between stock and the ISIS Greddy Style

Well i finally had some time off so I decided to Port Match the intake manifold.

The ports weren't that bad, this was probably the worst one

Then Did the TB

Bolted up the IM

Bolted up easy had to bend a line on the Oil cooler but that was it.

Also cleaned up the Pumps and alt.

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 11-21-2010 at 10:03 AM..
Sponsored Links