View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #101
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
CaBS is an unknown quantity at this point
I didnt get the car back yet due to the rain all weekend and it turned out to rain every time we tried the week after as well. It was supposed to come home that sat morning but one of the people involved had a family emergency and it didnt happen. =(

That Sunday I went over and spent some time with the guys pulling down my engine accessories, exhaust manifold and turbo off the egine. The engine is starting to look pretty bare now. We pulled the whole alloy sump pan off the bottom of the motor aswell to have a look and feel the rods.

There is quite abit of lateral movement in all of them especially cylinder 2 not sure how normal this is? The inside of my engine makes me think it never got loved that much by its some of its previous owners in terms of oil changes. I was looking forward to geting it back and getting some work done finishing up the cage and pulling the subframes out!

MMMMMMmmmmMm dirty...

Turbo fins had eaten something at some stage!

This is the mass of heater core lines that run under the intake plenum. I'll be much neater to no longer have them there. I Have another plan for winter warmth and demisting!

SXDevelopments on Facebook
CaBS is offline   Reply With Quote