View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 10:26 AM   #3
300ztt
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
300ztt is an unknown quantity at this point
At this point in time, the short block has been assembled and is back at my house almost ready to go in!

The next day i installed the clutch and pressure plate while using the pilot bushing and transmission adapting plate purchased from LOJ innovations.

New shift linkage also from LOJ and i purchased a short throw shifter from Z1 motorsports.

New driveshaft ( had to measure it under the car after the tranny installation)

Once i got the manifold bolted down, the harness sitting in the proper location (which took me a very long time to figure out) as you can see i had a lot of harness pulled into the engine bay.. and the manifold being so tight to the fire wall did not give me much room to play with the harness.

i then installed the radiator which immediately gave me issues.. I had to get the inlet modified and moved down 4 inches to the left, then the AC lines kept getting in the way, and the AC condenser brackets were grinding on the back of the radiator. I also had to modify the thermostat housing because there was no clearance for the fans.

I then filled the motor up with oil!

i spent a very long time playing around with that radiator. If there is anything you take away from this, it is to not purchase that radiator or fans.

In order to make the headers fit, you had to grind off the bracket on the firewall of the passenger side, and bend the line over.

The one thing that still makes me nervous is the clearance between the oil pan and the power steering line. You can fit a piece of paper through, nothing more. But it works and has not given me an issue up to date (650 miles on the motor right now)

i then made a cheap little 4inch intake with a speed density bung. I'm not running a MAF.

I installed the whole exhaust, hardest part was the drivers side header. The steering column needs to be passed through it.

I ordered a griffin radiator, 18x28x3 and it was way too tall.

So i returned it. I then purchased a different griffin universal dual pass radiator with the inlet and outlet on the passenger side.

i fabbed up some pretty cool radiator lower mounts

i then purchased a setrab 34 row oil cooler, thermostat, and corresponding an fittings and hose.

plumbed it up to the oil filter relocation tree

i then tried to make a custom fan shroud using the mishimoto fans. Car basically overheated still. I then removed the fans, went with a spal 16" with no shroud. and the car runs 175-180 all day long!! on a 90+ degree day i'm driving at 188-190.
i also had the radiator outlet modified to a 90. i wish i did the same with the inlet but was to anxious to drive the car.

weld might be a little ugly but you do what you gotta do lol

]last thing i did was make a bracket for the oil cooler, plumb the lines, and install the new fan.

Heres new fan

40amp fuse is necessary with this fan

Last edited by 300ztt; 07-28-2016 at 06:34 AM..
300ztt is offline   Reply With Quote