View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #66
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Garage View Post
We appreciate the kind words and also the negativity. Everyone has an opinion and we don't mind listening.

As far as warranty goes, if one of our Rods break. We will warranty the part no problem, no questions ask.

As far as a rod going through the side of a block, chances are if a rod really does go through the block it probably wasn't the rods fault. It could be detonation or a poor engine builder. I'm not saying it's not possible because of a poor rod but every engine builder knows it could be a combination of things. In the end we will not warranty anything else that was damaged with the use of our parts.
I really don't know how to put my thoughts into words, but I would LOVE to know how you can determine the true root cause of failure when someone ventilates a block. Sure we can point to detonation marks atop a piston and assume that's what cranked a rod out of it, but how can we say it wasn't soemthing else?

...I mean truthfully if a rod fails under normal usage, and tears apart an engine, I'd be PISSED. I know it happens, but to throw the 'we warranty our product' on an internal part is scary if you ask me...I view that as a 'hey it may happen, buyer beware' type comment. When I'm buying rods and pistons I don't even want to consider a warranty, as in the grand scheme of things, they shouldn't break, that's why I'm upgrading...ya know?

I'm not interested in Brand A vs Brand B arguments in regard to who makes the rods...bottom line is a rod shouldn't bust. To offer a warranty ona 60 dollar rod is cool and all, but when that engine tweaks a rod and rips the cylidner to shreads, the last thing on my mind is thinking 'oh cool, I get a free rod out of this mess'....

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote