View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 02:20 PM   #75
Esserz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Esserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the rough
First drive was a success, thoughts so far:

I have never driven an FD until the other day when i first drove my own haha. The seating position is very nice, I am 6'1" and sit comfortably, but thankful I'm not any taller. The steering wheel angle cannot be adjusted, and it does not telescope. It just happens to be in about a perfect spot when the seat is in an upright "drivers" position. Visibility over the front of the car is fantastic, view of the road and the size of the front of the car is very clear, the hood slopes down nicely to help achieve this. It makes the front of the vette seem like a boat with it's looonnngggg hood and front bumper.

I ended up replacing the master cylinder after the first one failed. I bled every corner and they feel amazing now, very grabby. Running Hawk HP pads. The clutch is a twin disk, and has similar clutch feel to my EM1 civic. Very light pedal, will be nice for the long trips through town. Clutch master cylinder is from an 80's landcruiser - very robust.

One of my more favorite things about the car so far are the speedhut gauges, the programmable features and ease of adjustment is very nice. All gauges function and have warning lights that can be adjusted. The look of the gauges make the car feel very "complete".

The only item I ave left to work on, which I will be tackling this weekend, is the exhaust. I have been driving around with small pipe extensions off the headers, brutally loud. I drove it down the street and filled up the tank for the first time, very exciting!