View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 01:23 PM   #143
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaguy240 View Post
i know that this is gonna sound wack, seeing with what money i have after christmas, im going to be getting a 10" W7 for my truck. but im not trying to spend to much on the amp. was looking around abit and im not sure whos reputable in amps but i found the Alpine MRP-M500, MA Audio M1900XE, Orion Cobalt CO800.1, Polk/MOMO C500.1. they're all 500watts and $200, thats around what im looking to spend. i will be building a box and my truck is already wired. so those who know anything help out?
DO NOT cheap out on an amp for a W7. They are hugely inefficient, and take tons of power to make good sound - that's how all the "supersubs" are. Lots of people give single W7's 1000w.

Look on CarAudioForums for a used amp that's somewhere around 800w - that way, you won't kill your amp trying to drive your 70lb 10" sub, and will spend less cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silly_13 View Post
Kenwood headunit with USB connector
2 Blown Sony explode in the rear with black tape on the plastic thing lol
2 10" Rockford Puch Subs
Rockford Punch 4 channel amps
Rockford Punch 1/2 Farad Capacitor
est. total was around 1400 all from bestbuy....
DO NOT buy a system from Best Buy, especially if you're going to spend that kind of cash. You're in LA, you should come listen to my system and see what you think, I can definitely build you something better for less money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxlo8331 View Post
pm sent.
let me know what you can do.
Don't have a PM yet...

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote