View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 05:39 PM   #1
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
S14 SR20 running rich, possible coolant temp sensor?

Recently bought another s14 with an s14 SR swapped into it, have spent some time fixing a bunch of the previous owners fuckups and have it running better than it was but it’s still running rich to the point where black smoke runs out of the exhaust

Have replaced all vacuum lines and rerouted intercooler piping and have no vacuum/boost leaks

CAS has also been reinstalled correctly and timed to 15°

It also runs best right when I start it and gets worse as it warms up which is leading me to believe it’s the coolant temp sensor but would like to get some other opinions/possibilities, I didn’t think it would affect it this much but who knows

The ECU also doesn’t have the little LED in it to pull codes for some reason and I don’t have an obd2 scanner so haven’t had a chance to pull any codes

Setup is as follows

98 240sx
S14 notchtop SR
Motor is stock other than
FMIC, exhaust and intake
Still has stock WC ecu, injectors, maf etc