View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 04:02 PM   #11
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10psitx View Post
huh?....the sensor needs to be specific to the ecu they have different output signals ....now beyond this the engine can run without the sensor so i'm assuming this is why you think any sensor works.
I have a SR20DE currently running without an o2 sensor, the gas consumption is a tad bit higher that when it was there.

Please stop the mis-information

OP a quick google search...info taken from existing Zilvia threads....learn to search please.

US Parts cross reference
S13 SR20DET REDTOP: 22690-19P20 ('87 280ZX)
S13 SR20DET BLACKTOP: 95 300ZX TT

Redtop skinny O2 sensors are Titania based. Fat type blacktop O2 sensors are Zirconia. Depending on what ECU you choose, you need to choose the corresponding O2 sensor.

Look at the differences of Titania vs Zirconia oxygen sensors on google.

Titania = variable resistance
Zirconia = produces voltage
I used to hear this and wonder about it, so I have tested the same O2 sensor on both cars, both computers, a simple 1-wire sensor, and both worked the same. I had a redtop 1992 in my last 240sx a 1995, and successfully used a 1-wire sensor for 4 years of daily driving, over 50,000miles and had a wideband to confirm it was working.

Furthermore, if you buy a power FC often people will use a fat O2 sensor because the entire exhaust system is upgraded along with the turbo (which is why you bought the power FC). That would cause an issue if using the original sensor on a stock engine, yet Apexi never mentions the potential for any problems using OEM or NON-OEM narrowband sensors.