View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #295
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Update:

Well I've been in a rush trying to get things ready for the next 5-6 days i'll be out of commision because of work, but I did get a few things done.

I was un-happy with the way the radiator sat.....it was just a little too close to the main e-shaft pulley, so If i wanted to get to a bolt i had to use a small ratchet and really wedge it in there..then when I started loosening it it would hit the radiator because it was really "that close." Also...the outlet for the coolant on the motor was literally a centimeter from the radiator. With this new shroud... it was hitting. The shroud adds approximately an inch and a half of thickness to the unit. With that said.. I decided to re-drill and tap holes to mount it and also move the whole assembly forward 2 inches. I used a larger tap this time so I could use some hefty M10 1.25 bolts. Also... The outlet of the radiator was the lowest point of the car... I didn't like that one bit. So I used some larger bushings to raise the whole assembly an inch. I used some Skateboard Bushing again...this time in the hardest material available.
The bushings fit perfectly!

And here was the first test fit....forgot to take pics of the assembly with washers but oh well.

While I had the compressor housing off the turbo I put the -10 Baker Fire sleeve on the Turbo Drain line.

And also on the water drain line as well. Shame on me though...I could've sworn I ordered enough for all my lines but I guess not... so the water feed line will have to suffer till I catch up on my list and order more.

ALSO! I got the new fans wired up...which was a breeze by the way.. jegs supplies all wiring needed with pig tails... awesome. I was a little dissappointed I didn't find the derale fans before I ordered the jegs fans as they're rated at 4000CFM....but seriously.... After turning these things on... i am really impressed. The fans mixed with the shroud pull a ton of air. I actually took a video of the first test but i'm waiting for it to upload via photobucket...and my service isn't the best here so it's taking the better part of 35 min. I'll upload it as soon as it goes through though. All I have to say is that these fans have to work at the very least...about 4 times better than the previous low cfm fans slapped onto the back of the radiator.

Only thing is....i had to cut the bottom mounts off the cradle that supports the front of the car...and secures the bottom of the radiator. So i'll have to have them cut and welded back on otherwise it'll most likely crackthe mounts and my nifty little air purge on the top of the mount.

in case that one doesn't work
20130522_181807_zps2e8723f2.mp4 Video by mannykiller | Photobucket
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote