View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #290
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
^Adaptronic FD3s PNP Ecu =-)

Small Update:

Got access to the fab shop again so I was able to get my radiator shroud worked out. Used the sheet metal cutter to cut out 2 pieces of sheet aluminum. Traced the contour of my fans onto each one, and then used the air bender to bend the sheet to complete the long side of the radiator shrouds. This one piece of alum will act as the mount/shroud/tabs for the radiator and mounts for the fan.

drilled some holes for mounts to the radiator

Used some OEM door molding I had sitting around to help seal the shroud...I really want this thing air tight!

bracket/shroud mounted against radiator with molding acting as seal

Used the same stuff for the side of the radiator fans...but had to trim a little because it was slightly touching the fans...Figure if it still hits..it'll just eat away anything in the way hahaha

And almost finished...forgot to take a pic but I drilled the holes to mount the radiator to the actual shroud brackets as well...All thats left to do is trim a couple sharp edges and Bolt the Fans to the shroud with hardware.

The fan sits a little more than a quarter inch off the actual radiator, and i'm going to use some Honda Bond high temp RTV to seal the radiator to the Alum Bracket so that no air escapes...this will ensure (i hope) that when the fans are running all the air pulled through the radiator is in fact coming through the radiator and not just the surrounding openings. I am a little concerned about the molding I used...it covers 1 row/air passage from the front. So i'm hoping this doesn't decrease cooling capacity too much. We'll see how it works out.
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote