View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #287
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Small update:

Well yesterday was my first real day off and I still had a baunch load of stuff to do. I got an hour or so to mess around in the garage but I really just need a weekend 7am to 11pm to really get everything where it needs to be.

I have a giant list of things I need to get done, that may be a bunch of small things, but each little thing is 30 min here 20 min there, blah blah. These things really add up. I'll list it at the end as not to bore you guys hah.

I got my fire sleeve in from Baker Performance. They make it damn easy to purchase because right next to each individual size it lists the -AN size line it will work for. They have silver and Orange. I chose Orange for my turbo oil drain but everything else I got silver....just so that every line didn't stick out like a sore thumb. Actually...I kinda like how it sticks out like a sore thumb hahaha. ANyways..heres some pics...
I got -4 for my oil feed line
-6 for all fuel/water lines
-10 for the turbo Oil drain line

I did the Turbo Oil feed first as it was the easiest to install

Then I did small line that goes from my Secondary FFE rail to the fuel pressure regulator

And I'll be doing the rest of my fuel lines today or tomorrow.

On to my cooling situation. I have yet to hear back from Mishimoto about the sponsorship and the car hasn't got hot since I added the Bleed valve on top of the radiator so no air would get trapped. But I wasn't happy with the mishimoto Radiator fans. So I ordered a set of Jegs HIGH CFM fans. THey're rated at 3600 CFM and come with a shroud. Of course I'd need to cut them but 3600 compared to the measily 1400 total of the current fans is a huge improvement and should really help keep the temps down when they need to come down. THe added shroud will be a definite upgrade because right now the current fans are just mounted to the rad without a shroud.
Here are the fans

how big they are and how much they'll need to be trimmed to fit

Trimmed with my dremel

1/4 Inch off the alum core... Now I just need to figure out how I can close off the shroud on the top and bottom because I cut the shroud so it would fit...but now I need to have a way to seal the long sides against the radi. I hate working with fiberglass..but it may be what I'll need to do.

unless I want to make a UIM cooler......jkjkjk

That is about all the work I've been able to get done on the car. Like I said I wish I had more time with her.... but hopefully this weekend I can get a nice 5 hour session in. Also sometimes I wish I had a buddy that was as dilligent as I was and I knew I could trust to come help me with some of this stuff. I have a few but they're all so busy working on their own cars...or out of town.. john..ahem...caugh..

Anyways here's my list...be prepared...:

Tires 235/35/18f - 245/40/18R
DIn pocket insert
Hood vent
Hood pins
Front strut brace
Back up lug nuts
Transmission Brace...banzai
Install AIT sensor
EV1 bosch connector for AIT
Calibrate AIT sensor
Paint bodywork exterior