View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #279
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I posted an update but I don't know where it went? haha.

I'll do it again but I hate re-typing things. I've also been having major cell phone issues. My phone is on it's last leg and I ordered a new Samsung Galaxy S4 but it'll take a couple days to come in. So until then I can't really update with many pics because everytime I un-plug my phone...it re-starts and dies and restarts and then its a process to get it back running.

I "think" I figured out what the problem was...being the radiator is positioned at an angle like this /

The coolant from the thermostat housing connects to the top fitting on the radiator.
the top fitting on the radiator is pointing down...towards the 5 O'clock position....AND it's a vein below the top most radiator vein.
So the exit of the radiator sits almost 2/12 veins below where it should in order to let air escape. These 2 1/2 veins contain air that is unable to escape.
I had to jack the passenger side of the car up a full 2 feet, start the car and let it warm up till the thermostat opened. Then watch the Lisle funnel so it didn't spill over...and burp the system as best as I could. I did this for about 10 min and there was A LOT of air in there. I'm not sure if I was able to get all the air out of the radiator..but I sure got a lot more than I had previously. What a Royal pain in the Ass. I'll be damned if I have to do that everytime I want to change coolant/water. With that said...A mishimoto universal race radiator is in the works and I'm hoping to have it within the next couple weeks. Does the Intercooler converted to radiator work? sure. Do I have the patience to do R&D to make it work exactly the way I want it to? Simply put....NO. And I built this car to drive...I have no interest in changing how things are done. The main reason I did this was because my fabricator convinced me it would work and save me space etc. It works...and saves space.. and I've remained skeptical throughout the whole process but my car sits on the grid and idles a lot. And I need a heat exchanger capable of keeping temps in check on a 100+ degree dry summer day when I'm sitting on the black sun baked pavement without any air-flow. With that said I'll most likely be reconfiguring the coolant system to better suite my demands.

other news
I wired in my dual 10' oil cooler fans and plan to hook them into the air conditioning circuit so all i'll have to do is turn the AC on and they'll come on. I'm not running ac so I might as well use existing wiring... Will I still need the relay? havn't loooked into the connection just yet but it's all wired and ready up to that point.

finally fixed the small oil leak out of the front Iron for the turbo oil feed. Only pic I have

More updates soon.
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote