View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 12:01 PM   #44
hvp014
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
hvp014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sat down with my builder and set my expectations and budget. 500 RELIABLE horsepower. Didn't want to have to touch the motor again and wanted to freshen up everything internally.

We went with Eagle rods, Weisco pistons, .5 mil over bore, N1 oil and water pumps, Jun crank collar, Tomei oil pan baffle, Tomei engine gasket kit (including HG), APR head stud kit, Cams and cam gears, single turbo conversion!, Haltech!, upgraded 750cc injectors, 300LPH fuel pump, Orc twin clutch, Tial WG, 33 GTR transmission and a few more things I'm probably forgetting.

With everything set, dropped the longblock off and he got to disassembly.
The block would head to Tomei in mainland for a .5 mil over bore, hone and deck.

The head well..

With all the valve guides broken the builder recommended sourcing a new head to keep us in budget. Thankfully a local friend came through with HKS cams and cam gears for $300!

Coming apart

Jun collar

Old drive length

Finished result!

Still stocking parts! External oil cooler, R34 splitfires (Igniter delete), coolant swirl tank.

Tomei baffle

A few weeks later I got the call and said the motor was ready for pick up!

Old twins out

At the shop going back in (Anyone know how to embed Youtube links?)
https://youtu.be/Vr0weGkKRXc

Back at home, waiting for more parts to show!

Scored a awesome deal on a Greddy 4" intake and hard pipping kit! Also meant I would have to pull the intake in the car... again...

Figured new motor why not new look as well....

hvp014 is offline   Reply With Quote