View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 11:53 AM   #10681
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
my biggest issue with EVs (aside from lacking manual transmission or even proposed EMULATION of manual transmission via software and added hardware) is the 100% level of planned obsolescence!!!

ALL EVs and Hybrids have planned obsolescence built in from the get go that combustion based vehicles dont. Most current day EVs and Hybrids have a lifespan of ROUGHLY 4-7 years AT MOST before the battery has to be changed out as it will no longer hold a charge. At the end of the day, all manufacturers care about is making money (as any business does), and with EVs, manufacturers will have a MUCH easier time pushing new car sales. $12,000 to replace your worn out battery to make the car function again, or for $20,000 you can buy the brand new model! BAM! Instant sales pitch.

I for one am quite happy with combustion engines simply because, when properly cared for and maintained, they will last WELL into the 200k-300k range!

But MOST people arent like me, they dont like to hang on to cars... Most people gladly dump their vehicles around 5 years for a new shiny model with all the modern bells and whistles that they come to expect from technology moving forward. We as a society have become so obsessed with the idea of dumping something after 2-5 years that keeping anything longer feels like a lifetime. We have grown to take technology for granted, we dont want to understand it, we just want it to work... and that type of thinking has translated over to cars. EVs will be the shining example of planned obsolesce that started so long ago with the light bulb and pantyhose.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links