View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 11:23 AM   #26
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Wasnt trying to be a dick, just some food for thought. Also, fixed back bucket seats sucks to get into and out of on the street
I see exactly where you come from and I do appreciate it because you were right I did over look somethings initially. I think a good point is a difference in roll cage and roll bar. I think you could get away with a 5 point cage since the main hoop is behind you and there is no pillar support from it to the dash so you wont really end up hitting your head often.

I wouldnt mind a fixed seat because its just probably another quirky thing I have to deal with on my car. Probably need QR to get out easier but my main concern with a fixed is comfort over a normal seat. Im sure a bucket feels way better than some stock oem seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post

I have however seen buckets sheer off their shitty ass eBay brand "universal" sliders. Do not cheap out on that part, by brand name, or just fix-mount your bucket.
Thats one thing I havent looked into and im a bit lost. I know I can make some adapter to fit my stock rails to bolt in a seat but scared it will fit a bit high. Then aftermarket I dont see many options for a flat/planted base/rail. Most have the side brackets for the mounting on a fixed bucket. I know I can find some decent rails like buddy club, street faction, bride etc but how do I slap on the recaros. Either make my own plate adapter to the rail sliders or do they make there own and will it line up with seats holes. Im not sure if seats have a universal standard mounting size or if manufactures have different specs and you need brackets with adjustment to fit the rails. I know BC has adapter plates for reclinable but im not sure if the recaros will fit it or its specifically meant for there own reclinable seats.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote