View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 03:32 PM   #23
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
You cannot compare a Jeep wrangler to a street car in terms of roll bar and thier intended purposes. The rollbar in those are also bolted in and in most cases, are for the asthetic "Jeep" feel. No regular street car comes with a rollbar as an option (and no, the jungle gym in the GT3 or the scaffolding in the M4 GTS don't count as they are race cars fitted with amenities for the street ) . As I mentioned, only a few cars come with Bucket seats (I listed two) from the factory. However, the seats/vehicles have been crash tested with all of this in mind and in place (atleast if they are required to be sold in the US).

Flipping in a car with a roll cage (NOT a rollbar, as they are entirely two different things) is an easy ticket to a concussion without a helmet and potentially death. Even easier without a full containment seat. And no, roll bar padding is certified to be used with a helmet, not with a skull (and pool noddles do not count as roll bar padding )

I rather have a 90s OEM seat that's been crash tested to ANY BNIB fake seat.

Crash testing seats is NOT cheap.

Wasnt trying to be a dick, just some food for thought. Also, fixed back bucket seats sucks to get into and out of on the street
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote