Thread: 95 KA Overheats
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 06:27 AM   #1
jslamm01

Trader Rating: (0)
jslamm01 is an unknown quantity at this point
KA 95 KA Overheats

Have a 95 stock KA I have recently done a new front cover,new timing chains, new sprockets,new thermostat,new water pump and resealed the engine. I have a CX Racing double row aluminum rad with Off Brand Dual E-Fans with shroud. Car ran fine for awhile then it started to over heat. I felt the upper and lower hoses when it started to over heat and found the upper hose to be hose and lower hose to be cold so I removed the thermostat and ordered a new one from autozone. Car ran fine without thermostat for the days it wasn't in there. Put new autozone thermostat in there and before i could get out the driveway it was almost hitting the H on the gauge checked hoses again same thing hot on top cold on bottom, so I removed the thermostat again and drove for a week then winter came so I wanted heat and ordered a Nissan Thermostat from the dealership. Put nissan one in ran good for maybe 20 mins of driving on the hwy around 70-75 then it started to over heat again. Got home felt hoses hot on top cold on bottom again. So I let car sit for maybe a week and now it gets hot within 20 mins of idle. Did pressure test no leaks, Coolant is clean and oil is clean. Also I have a coolant bleeding funnel that I used to fill Rad each time. I cant seem to figure out the issue Im thinking since its a KA maybe rust is lodged somewhere from me driving in. PS the car sat for 3 years before I got it and gave it some love, have 267K miles.

Also ordered Coolant Temp Sensor today since one in car is the original one.
jslamm01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links