View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 10:53 AM   #8
mattrobertsxn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
mattrobertsxn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonsta View Post
I am making assumptions as to what this means, but have never heard of it. Never been a KA guy so that doesn't mean much.

Timing light should still work. It tells you when the plug fires in relation to crank shaft angle. This should NOT change. Generally speaking 'all cars' run 15*BTDC. So you still want to be there.

If you mean to distributor, yes they came labeled and the caps labeled so i have double checked and made sure all of them are in the right spot.
correct, if you have cylinders firing out of order it will run terribly.

I am not at all convinced MAF will do anything.

i feel like theres a decent chance it is out of time
This is the direction you need to be thinking. Misfire, preignition, out of time, out of order. something along those lines.

I really cant help to make sure your timing chain is correct, since idk wtf this dual cam thing is. But IMO that's your issue.

Do you have any codes? [Knock?] EDIT: I know you said you didnt before, but now you have actually driven it, that can change.

I will recheck the codes again, no knock last time i checked. Will post what my
Maf replacement does for me, im sure it wont do shit either, but i need my car running asap, so if this fixes it that would be a dream lol. I will see what the timing light reads and post that, i need to go rent one from oreillys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattrobertsxn is offline   Reply With Quote