View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 09:39 AM   #6
sunny1600

Trader Rating: (0)
sunny1600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Last winter the S12 Grand Prix has been stripped and rebuild cosmetically. The widebody panels have been removed to fix the always present rust on the rear arches (typical GP problem). The right rear panel was the worst and needed to have a new wheel arch welded in.

After the painting. The car has been painted in two steps. First the whole of the car in white. And a few weeks later the accents in black.

Furthermore fenderbraces have been made and also a fibreglass hoodscoop.
Also fitted are a JDM RS-X grill and an SE fibreglass spoiler to replace the foam ducktail sponge.

All hollow spaces and the underside of the car has been tectyled.

I also put on 25mm spacers on all fours. This is needed for the S14 brakes combined with the Gotti wheels. It also makes the car look better with the extra 25mm each side. Soon the S14 brakes and yellowstuff pads wil be mounted.

After the rebuild in march/april I went to Japfest Silverstone (national layout) and Japfest 2 Donington Park (national layout). Damn Donington is a nice track to drive. Last time I was there was in 2012.

I had some problems with my exhaust studs. One was missing and two broken so I had some exhaust gasses coming out near the 4th cylinder. Engine removed and fitted some helicoils as the the thread was missing. Also I had a cracked manifold. Thankfully I have some spare so that was a quick fix.

Latest project was to build in electrical windows.

And this is how the car appears from time to time.
sunny1600 is offline   Reply With Quote