View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 02:16 AM   #16
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
9/28/11

Been a tough couple of weeks working on the cars. I've been doing project after project and nothing has gone smoothly.

Started putting the new PS rack in the S14. Such a nightmare. I was having an unbelievable amount of trouble getting the steering shaft off of the rack. Took me over an hour. Finally got that off and couldn't get the high pressure line to line up correctly to thread in. I ended up ripping it out and purchasing a new braided line rather than all that OEM crap.

Also getting the outer tie rods out of the knuckle was impossible.

I ended up having to rip the entire corner off to get it in a press. Took a full 150 tons to get it out.

No I wasn't in an accident, this was just 1 wayward attempt to get the steering wheel off. I thought I might be able to go through the air bag.

Also tried drilling out the OEM tamper proof bolts. I was trying to do this in a hurry to get to Sonoma Drift today, but it didn't pan out.

I did get it off eventually and got the new NRG Steering wheel package in there. I really like this wheel and blue is awesome.

Overall a horrible few weeks. Once that new line comes in I'll be able to finish it up hopefully. Still have to install the new PS pump and tie rods from the race car.

Last edited by DJPimpFlex; 08-19-2017 at 12:50 AM..
DJPimpFlex is offline   Reply With Quote