Thread: Ka24det FAQ
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 08:35 AM   #130
240tuned91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
240tuned91 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey back on the aftermarket fpr. Jeff i have a fresh rebult ka24de. Supertech 9.1 pistons,eagle rods, clevite bearings, arp studs, and stock head with stock cams. I am also running e-manage blue. However i bought a megan fpr because my old stock one broke. My headgasket took a crap and when i pulled off the cyclinder head. My cometic hg was crapped. Also the water jacket one of them had a crack and there is pin holes from signs of detonation. I figure this might be my piece of crap megan fpr. It backed outt and the adjusting screw got loose. The guy helping me with my car thinks we should get my car tuned (which i agree thats always good) but with the base tune of the e-manage my car should of ran fine. I think the megan fpr made my car detonate. I only have 370's on my car and im going to run about 8lbs when the car is broken in. Should i just go back to the stock oem fpr and i should be safe. I mean my car before this was a stock bottom end but didnt detonate in one day like this. The stock blue e-manage tune should be fine for td-06 20 g turbo,370's, stock maf, stock cams ,9.1 comp pistons?
240tuned91 is offline   Reply With Quote