View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 09:42 AM   #24
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
The auto sales industry is very slow right now guys. Even if Nissan were to develop a new RWD platform, there's no way in fuck its entering the US market. Scion tanked, the GT86 is struggling... and they're not gonna sway consumers looking at the BMW 1 or 2 series..
Agree with the first part; second part I'm not so sure. We only get the 2 series here in the US, for starters. Secondly, the price point is a big factor. A 228i (to become the 230i for 2017) which is extremely bland, is 33k starting. The M235i (to become the 240i for 2017), is 45k starting.

If Nissan were to bring this car out to compete with the FRS/BRZ, the price would be similar as well, meaning 25-28k. Those who want the BMW will buy it for the refinement and luxury, or for the BMW name. People spend 100k for a Nissan GTR, when they could also spend 100k for an M5 or a 7 series. It comes down to the invididual client and what specific wants/needs they have from a vehicle.

If this car from Nissan really does come out, I can tell you exactly how it's going to go: It'll be the hottest thing out for about a year. The kids who can't afford it will bitch about how it needs more power or how it could be better in some way, even though they will have never driven it. Every second rate car reviewer with a youtube channel will make a car review on it. There will be rocket bunny available for it like 2 weeks after it hits dealer lots, and people will be throwing BC coilovers and xxr/rota/miro/varrstoen wheels on it like crazy. People will come up with new hashtags to get maximum likes and follows. People will stop really giving a shit about it after a year or two, and talk about how it's not relevant until it gets more power.