View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 06:09 PM   #22
VenomKillz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
VenomKillz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
ahh.... I hate to be the party pooper here, but, where's the this car's coolness and awesomeness everybody's talking about? The thing's falling apart and looks like ish. Nonetheless, really cool that you moved there and are living your dream. Looks like some good driving skills too, badass. I take it that you're int the military? If so, thank you for you service.
But in imho:
Screamer pipes dont sound "sick"... well, actually, they do make the car sound like it's sick, like something's wrong with it. I have one because I was desperate to get my ride on the road, and can't stand it, can't wait to recirculate that thing. Nothing beats the sound of a quiet, deep sounding exhaust at higher RPM and a loud turbo whistle. Btw, the welds on that screamer pipe look like they're about to fall apart.

Falling bumpers, hanging lights, missing body parts make a car look like shit. Bad paint doesnt help either.
I havent been over there and dont think ever will, but, based on what I read and see, you can get pretty decent cars for that amount of money. I think you should have gone for something a little less molested, as close as possible to stock, but that's just me. You dont sound very mechanically inclined, so maybe you want something that's already been modded.

But it sounds like you're having a blast, congrats.
Like somebody else said, how does an english-only-speaking-person get by over there?
I'm pretty sure he didn't buy the car because he wants it to look like a show car.. It's a drift car so of course it's not going to be in pristine condition with glass-like paint and a perfect body kit. The videos I have seen about Japanese drifters or just the people that drift in Japan like Alexi(Noriyaro) simply don't give a shit if their DRIFT car looks like "ish" or not. You also can't just say he's mechanically inclined just because he sounds like it. I'm sure there are people out there that I have talked to that would assume the same thing, but I know what the hell I'm talking about. If they don't believe me, that's on them, my car runs perfectly fine with everything that I had fixed on it and had help with. His car looks actually a lot better than most cars here for being around the price range of 3k. Where else can you get a dope 180 with real parts and an sr20 for about 3k? Not here anyway.