View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #21
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok time for another Update!

Well I needed a tranny to go with my engine & my buddy that sold me the engine also had a extra R154 Toyota Tranny from a US MKIII Supra, so he cut me a deal on it & I picked it up

The R154 was in good shape went into the gears smooth, just real dirty like the engine. It also use to be mated to a 7M so I needed a R154 to 1JZ Bellhousing & also a Extended Shifter Housing to suit a S13. It also was missing a Reverse Sensor & a Rear MKIII ABS Sensor (which I wont need)

So the first things first I cleaned down the Tranny (sorry for crappy pics)

Then took off the 7M Bellhousing that I wont Need & Painted the tranny High Temp Aluminum

Too make my Tranny Complete I needed a JDM 1JZ Bellhousing & a Extended Shifter Housing, well also being a SupraMania.com Member I posted a WTB Thread for the Bellhousing & Shifter Extension & quickly got a PM for both items & got some awesome deals that I couldnt even think twice about so Items were paypal'd & shipped to me...
(only pic I have of Housing)

when changing to the Extended Housing you need to crack the tranny in half

I also bought a MARLIN CRAWLER Shifter Socket & Washer from DriftMotion so my shifter can have a New firm feel

After doing all that with the Extending Housing & Shifter I installed the JDM 1JZ Bellhousing

Almost looks complete Still need a New Tranny Mount, Reverse Sensor & need to block of the Rear ABS Port