View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #26
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (71)
hpipro4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
quite interesting with the fusebox setup, but again everything on the s13 seems different. But why the 80amp fuse bridge between the two boxes?
the 80amp fuse simulate the 75amp fusible link between the wire going to alternator and starter. im basiclly copying the oem wiring harness cept i will be using monster cable power wires. im using 80amp cause i cant find any 75amp anl mini fuse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsx13 View Post
is that all you plan on using? how are you going to narrow it down to just 12 fuses?
im not changing the inside fusebox just the one found under the hood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Lol I chuckle at these threads, because most of them crash and burn. HPIPro's legit though.

When I do standalone wiring, I start with the systems I want, and work backwards - towards the fuse box, to the battery. I used a bunch of OEM wire when I did my S14, but pulled absolutely everything out first, and just put back in what I needed - much easier to check your work this way, and you get to use all the OEM connectors if you're smart.

I'll be doing a standalone harness Thursday for Ernie @ DTC ("Pinky" build), I'll try and take some pics.

12 Fuses is PLENTY, btw.
haha thanks hope everything goes well with my build!
hpipro4 is offline   Reply With Quote