Thread: Ca18det FAQ
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2004, 11:26 PM   #7
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
sLiDewAys is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, those too, thanks for the contribution man. I swear to you that it is greatly appreciated.

OKAY new contribution concerning ca18det wiring harness made to fit USDM s13's.

1)The wiring harness needs to be modified EXACTLY the same at the sr20det for s13. Follow the same guidlines for harness modifications. if you need any help or info reguarding the matter then im me : AIM d0wn5h1ft :

2) Concerning t he 2nd charcole canister ( you will only have this if you buy a clip) It is located on the driver side (rdh vehicles only) next to the brake master cylindar.
-There are 3 vacume lines that follow out of this box and route underneath the intake manifold ( green, blue, and red)
-one is for your fuel pressure regulator, one if for your wastgate, the other is for (.....i need to research this because i am not shure)
-this cannister IS NOT reccomended for the swap over so just do yourself a favor and eliminate it, route the vacume lines into eachother so it is a cycle of vacume.

3) Wiring harness MAJOR extension points
-MAFS and Drop Resistor
-Ignitor Chip wires( believe that there are 3) lengthen about 1 or 2 inches.
-Re-pin the two plugs next to the battery terminal ( i believe that they are grey and red)

4) reguarding PRE-instalation reccomendations
-Head Gastket
-Timing belt and Belt Tensioner
-Intake manifold gastkets(2)
-Exhasut manifold gastket(4)
-Manifold to turbo gastket
-sr20det O2' extension elbow
-sr20det downpipe ( aftermarket or oe)
-check oil pan for dents and bang them out if so
-thermostat ca18de
-resurface flywheel, and purchase new clutch
-front and rear maine seal ( check and observe them both) rear is most important.

these are the major things i reccomend for replacement BEFORE swap.

brandon

Last edited by sLiDewAys; 11-08-2004 at 11:47 PM..
sLiDewAys is offline   Reply With Quote