View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #10
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenkiS14 View Post
I'd rather go Enthalpy or JWT myself as well, but I want to eventually get a 3071 and make some real power, and I dont want to have to buy expensive ECU's twice, and I like the idea of being able to retune every season and watch everything closely.
get a pfc (500-800 used) or nistune setup. both of these setups allow the tuner to make a tune for your engine. both can be found for around the price of a new jwt/enthalpy board. every engine runs differently and having a tune for power and reliability on every car with the same setup will either be on the safe side makeing less than peak power or on the power side, possibly damaging the engine. i ran my pfc on my stock setup and made 40-50 whp just from being able to road tune the base map. being able to re tune locally or even by your self is worth the small additional expense of a standalone imo especially if you can get a cheap pfc or nistune. i know you have already experienced what happens to an engine when you cheap out on tuning.
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote