View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 12:58 AM   #21670
tylerjdahle

Trader Rating: (0)
tylerjdahle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tannerezell077 View Post
Update: I got the car running a few times today and made a little bit of good progress.
-Drained old fuel and filled up with fresh 93
-New ngk plugs
As soon as I put the fresh gas in and let the plugs and inside the cylinder air out, I let the fuel pump prime and it fired right up and run. I try to restart later and nothing. went and got the new plugs and it seemed to help it would fire up and run for a few.
Now this is the odd part that has me thinking it running rich, I unplugged the relay for the fuel pump so it wouldn't pump anymore fuel and the car fired up and run for about a minute and a half without the fuel pump giving any fuel?????? I guess it had dumped so much fuel previously it was just burning it off? I'm so stumped here and I've obviously narrowed it down to a fuel issue I just can't figure out how to solve it.
tannerezell077 is online now Add to tannerezell077's Reputation Report Post

Update: replaced fuel filter and fixed small boost leak. i haven’t had much luck still but i have found it almost wants to start up every time i crank it when the fuel pressure is around 5psi. all these things have been done with the maf unplugged to eliminate the chance of it being a bad maf. cleaned the iacv as well.
Are all the cylinders wet? Or just a couple, could be stuck injectors.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
tylerjdahle is offline   Reply With Quote