View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 09:01 AM   #9
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Not really what i'd call a "purist". I like the IDEA of that kind've shit, but im not dropping 2K on 326 power coilovers when fortune autos are stout and can be serviced here in the states. Not spending crazy money on ikeya formula suspension arms either when plenty of other brands work and perform the same job.

Just my personal opinion. Ball out on rare parts that are cool, not extra money for the same function unless safety/strength is being compromised.
Definitely agree with you on Fortune Auto and adjustable arms. I'm running two sets (510 series and Dreadnought) and have had zero issues with them. Running Ikeya Formula on the S15 simply because it already had them. Otherwise, I would be running SPL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I think there are more people left on Zilvia that have a "purist/2001" mindset than younger folks following the current trends. There are not many consistent users left, but I think most of the ones that remain are people that have been around these cars for years and have a similar mindset to what you are describing.
Pretty much. I don't feel like a purist by any means, I'm just stuck with the OE styling on these cars. I do admire a lot of the aftermarket aero out there, but considering my current lifestyle (60% work, 35% family, 5% cars), I just wanted my street cars to look classy and grab the right attention.

I can admit to almost having bailed on my projects due to priorities, but now I'm really glad I stuck it through.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote