View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 08:48 AM   #30
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14unimog View Post
Okay guys, its obvious what the problem is. After reassembling everything, just as I had it, I noted the pedal stopped, via the stop on the throttle body, about 1/4" off the pedal stop on the floor board; Doh!. Now considering you can't adjust this pedal sweep range, the only clear solution is an extended stop on the floor board (as a few have mentioned). Now my big question....

How many SR's are riding around and using the throttle body stop as the pedal stop? Answer: all of them?

I don't see how it couldn't be the case, unless modified by the engine installer, the 240sx cable and pedal assembly can't be shortened by some adjustment under the dash and considering the diameter of the SR20 pulley, it just pulls too much.

Why has this not come up more?

I'll post some pictures of my findings and fix once I get a stop machined.

This is 100% definitely true.

The question to me now, however, is why this would ever cause stress on the THROTTLE SHAFT.......it seems to me that once the throttle pulley hits the stopper, any subsequent pressure put on the pedal only results in additional tension in the cable.

It does not seem that additionally pushing on the pedal imparts any additional stress on the shaft........

Nonetheless, I agree with your assessment.

I basically think that the circumfrence of the SR throttle pulley is smaller than that of the KA.....

Hence, less pedal action is required to fully open the throttle.

The interesting question here would be if someone owns a JDM 240sx could measure the distance between the pedal and the floor stopper in their car. My bet is that the stopper on a JDM 240 sits closer to the pedal.

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote