View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 12:26 AM   #69
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdb View Post
Just making the point that it requires more attention to correctly raise the roll center given a multi-link suspension. Unless I misread.
Do you realize I started this thread? Hahaha, I know more than you think, though I think Def knows more than all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdb View Post
It's difficult to conceptually visualize, but a few hardcore racing companies have developed new spindles in contrast to addig spacers under the lca to combat the negative affects of lowering a production based vehicle while preserving the initial suspension dynamics from the factory. In other words there more to adding spacers between the knuckle and lca.
Did you read through the first post? There are a couple that I posted up.

Anyway, I was responding to racepar1's post.

You have a point, but as I stated in my post, the only real difference is LCA length. Which is really quite slight, as the angle of the ball joints makes the additional length of the ball joint/shank not the length the control arm is extended. Here's my crude Paint example:

And as Def stated, the camber and toe curves change very little with this.

I think you guys are making it out to be a bigger deal than it actually is.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.

Last edited by PoorMans180SX; 12-29-2009 at 12:53 AM..
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote