View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 10:17 PM   #69
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2x View Post
CAn someone give some info on this please?

Is their any power difference?

they are both t28 housings and both gt turbine wheels of the same spec. iirc

If what you guys are saying is true about the housing just being internally gated and the compressor housing size and design.

The other difference is the compressor housing side. One beng to4b (not bolt on version) and one being a t25 style with triangle outlet flange.

HP diff? Turbine housing size and AR and will make the biggest difference overall, if they are both the same I cant seeing the volume or displacement of the compressor housing making a huge difference in numbers with the same compressor wheel, but i suppose lag might be slightly slighly reduced by the smaller t25 style bolt up design.

The to4b compressor housing could (theoretically) allow more shoulder room to the large crammed compressor wheel in overall output. It's a great question to ask someone who works for garrett or whos sharper with fluid dynamics.

plus Paul what are you doing! go get a 3071R maybe even twin scroll haha