View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 11:37 PM   #7
DJ_Sunrise
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
DJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to DJ_Sunrise
In the S14 Sr the manifold manages to get in the way. While it is possible to reach the screws for the injector caps with a small bit, there is no leverage to remove the screws safely without stripping, hence the upper intake has to, or should, come off. I managed to get most of mine at least loose, but its faster to just take off the intake chamber. Atleast for a DD like my car I was not going to take the risk hahaha.

I followed the above posts like others have outlined. It really wasn't too difficult. A bit time consuming, because great care should be taken. Like mentioned before there isn't much holding the chamber and runners together...and you can push the topchamber out of the way, or mostly out of the way.

Additional things you can/should do while replacing the injectors..
I took off my throttle body and IACV to replace the gaskets. Realistically, they are cheap as shit from thenismoshop.com . Since the intake chamber separates from the runners, I replaced the inexpensive "collector" gasket as well. Underneath the air chamberitself are vacuum lines. Do yourself a favor, and replace them. If at all possible, have a ride available to a local hardware/auto store in case you loose/strip any nuts or bolts, or need vacuum line. All but several of the screws holding the caps on the injectors came off for me. Spray them lightly with PB blaster, and use the proper bit to remove the screws. Some started to strip, so I replaced them all anyway. Make sure to replace ALL OF THE INJECTOR SEALS, ORINGS, AND INSULATORS!!! If you do not, the o-rings and insulators may break apart during installation.

Take care when removing the injectors. Turn and wiggle them as much as possible to create some play before forcing their removal. It will be tough, and it will be a bitch. Sr injectors can fetch around $100, so it is worth it to be caring.

Seals, o-rings, insulators can be found out..
http://www.thenismoshop.com/ikorb.ph...oduct_id=11860

there is a small vibration insulator that sits between the injector and cap. Make sure you buy those too. Cheap insurance<- KA/SR ones are identical.

Intake/Collector gaskets
http://www.thenismoshop.com/ikorb.ph...oduct_id=11801

On that page S13 Sr20det collector gasket should read S14 sr20det collector gasket, its like $5.

Lube the o-rings/seals/insulators before assembly with gasoline, or better yet a light film of silicone spray. Check for leaks and normal operation after everything is back together. Also, pressure test the boost system for air leaks. You can reach me at [email protected] if you need more help.

-Bart
DJ_Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote