View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 06:53 PM   #1533
atutt
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie Fraz View Post
It is not a matter of the machine being inferior to itself, it is a matter of using the right filler for the job.
I only use dual sheild on very heavy/ super high strength applications.
Atutt is right in the fact that the welds are super high penatration, and look awesome after you clean off the slag...but since they are so high heat and penatration it has a tendency to cause a lot of heat distortion, so dual sheild is not for all applacations in my opinion.
Correct. I used it a lot in the construction indusrty. I've used for cranes and heavy equipment machinery... Like this gian ass (like 20ft) plow blade. It was almost 4'' thick in some spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie Fraz View Post
LOL..."sheet metal" is a relative term. My laser cutter calls 1/4" sheet metal.

For like body sheet metal I have heard real good things about silicon bronze wire for bodywork since it is soft and easier to grind, and it has great anti-corrosion charactoristics.
Up here anything over 3/16'' is technically "plate".

I only mentioned the dual shield flux core to open up some closed minds about flux core.
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote