View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 11:27 AM   #959
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Update: "How Bad Do you Want it?"

Long time since the last post!!! I hate to say it but It might just end up being like this from here on out.
I've spent the last month or so utilizing every moment of every day on my program. There is a ton that goes on outside of just working on the car.....and all of it is done to help build a sustainable drifting program.

Managing sponsorships, making things happen....work on the car..work on the car....WORK ON THE CAR. There is so much that goes into keeping the car running correctly that I actually had to take a step back and remind myself of what I used to do. And that is make sure the car is 100% before taking it out. There's no reason to go to the track unless the car is ripping...alignment is set....and track time can be spent driving.

To touch on the sponsorship, and the myth that companies give you things for free. Nothing in life is free. Managing sponsorships is a full time job. You're representing a company alongside yourself. And the price is spending hours and hours of time dedicating yourself to your side of the deal. ON another note... I Guess a few members have gotten together to try and bash my name on social media. Members I've spent quite a bit of time in the past helping...for no other reason than to help a fellow rotary enthusiast. This forum is where I started...and I do my best to help other people in the same situation out. But I DO see why a lot of other people who take the next step into this Realm stop responding to people and or helping. Why? Because those people get mad at the truth and try to get back at you.

I had initially wanted to put it all out there. But INstead I'm going to keep it short and just say this. The Truth Hurts..and the People who know.....Know. Right and Wrong have a tendency to follow those choices, and faking the funk will always come back to bite ya.

On to the Updates!!!

Massive Thanks to Red Line Oil for supplying the Wolf with The Best Oil on the Market!!!

Anyone Remember this guy?

Looong time buddy of mine!!..and ex Rotary Drift Slayer!!

waiting....always waiting for me

Thoughts?....

Preventative Maint....Leaky Summit brand fitting.... got 4 Years out of her though.....NOT BAD!

New LIM Shield Dual layer using all PTP Brand Heat products!

The Grind

Gear Ratio Swaps and Diff Happenings... Anyone have a 4.4 and or 4.77 Ring and Pinion gear..Please do let me know. I'm looking for one asap for my second spare. Dropping from the 3.9 has really improved the delivery and put me in the ideal wheel speed for my comp courses.

Pulled the LIM off to fix the leaky down-pipe V-band flange....well Decided to pull it off to have a look and see how my O-rings were holding up. Good thing I did. These guys were toast.

So I decided to go from a Square shape Oring..to a Tubular more traditional style O-ring. Check it

Glease Man Billet Series Mani holding up strong for over a Season and half!!!! THese are the best parts....the one's you forget you've installed. When I pulled it off to do the Oil pan... we put a flat edge on it to check and see if it had warped.... NOPE. Straight as can be!

Started looking at more components....

Fuel Rail ORB fitting.... Needed replacement. This is why you should lubricate your O-rings!!

Nate at Bink Industries in Costa Mesa California....close to Huntington Beach just opened up his shop full time. Him and I work together on Odi's Team. He's a great Fabricator with some solid skills and Excellent quality. Had him do my V-band flange on my downpipe.

Plasma!

This required me going back and forth twice from Corona to Costa Mesa. First to test fit it with Tack welds...and then back again to have it welded as long as everything fit up correctly.

Grind Jams. DO WORK MUSIC!

And FINALLY Decided to get this done. Last min decision to get the Engine Harness complete for the Adaptronic M2000 Wire in. PUMPED on how it came out. And Pumped that my good buddy Joe Rapolo was able to come to my rescue when I had a full week of Work scheduled and not enough time to finish this harness for the Wolf. He Crushed it for me. I'm picky...and he did SUCH a good job. Literally Plugged the harness in..connected ground and power...and BRAP!!

Moving to the M2000 Wire in ECU was a "Race Car" move that I had been meaning to do for a while now. To get rid of the Dash harness. and Chassis Harness. So this was the first step.

a Day later.... I showed up to Top Drift ready to Rock!

Course

Legend

Pit Set up!!

And Me and My buddy Noah Nelson. We've got plans... Big Plans... I've mentored him through to this point in his first season of Pro-Am Drifting. And in as little time as his Second Event....He's already Qualified for the first time Ever!!! Congrats to him and I can't wait to see how much quicker He progresses!!!

It has been my goal to keep him away from every wrong choice "Progress wise" that he can make. Where I Went wrong...I'll guide him away...and to the Correct Choice for the Long haul with his Program. It feels good to help someone who gets it!! He qualified higher than I DID!!! He got 12th....and I squeeked in at 14th haha

Then I Purchased this!

Wolf Jammin!!

First Qualifying Run...Dropped a Tire..which the judges said is acceptable there. Still getting used to the new Parts Shop Max Suspension and Gearing set up. Can't wait to get the car dialed in!!!

https://youtu.be/lMnn3fJDTZs

Then I Purchased this!

Wolf Jammin!!

First Qualifying Run...Dropped a Tire..which the judges said is acceptable there. Still getting used to the new Parts Shop Max Suspension and Gearing set up. Can't wait to get the car dialed in!!!

https://youtu.be/lMnn3fJDTZs

Fill the zones!!!! get into the clipping points!

Pulled my Fuel System for INterior Paint!!! Worked exactly as I had planned!!! 4 AN fittings!!! Power and Ground and (4) Cap Nuts holding this board in!!! takes 10 Min to remove the whole set up!

Dinner Happenings with friends!! loove food!

New EGT Kit set up from Innovate Motorsports. TX-4 PLUS!!! Can't wait to install this set up with the new Chassis Wiring I'm doing at the moment!