View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 07:03 AM   #23
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
I think there are a few different ways to complete a head gasket installation and I think they change based on what kind of gasket you use. I was also advised from one of my information sources to re-torque them. He also recommended I paint the 12pt nut and stud so that I can see how many rotations I actually pick up; its not necessary to paint them, but it shows you the difference.

As for the discrepancy between copper spray and liquid gasket on the timing cover area. I think the copper spray is optional, but as it was explained to me, "it can't hurt but it could help" so I choose to go that route. As for the liquid gasket, I don't think its optional. The FSM clearly indicated that it IS necessary for the installation and we all know, this would have considered perfect parts being installed; enough reason for me.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote