View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
riprodder
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (30)
riprodder is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you wish your 240 had a cup holder? Maybe I'll make some.

Update: As of 2/20/2016 I have actually made the cup holders that I wanted to finish so long ago. Here's a pic and a link to my business site www.UniqueAutoCreations.com Now we can all enjoy an nice cup holder. Thanks for being patient!

Original post:
Not having a cup holder in my car is annoying and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So I was playing with the idea of making a cup holder for the S13. It would be made out of vacuum formed plastic and fit inside the armrest storage pocket of the center console. There would be room for two drinks.

As far as I can tell the only options out there are to get one of those pop-out ones that fits under the radio (shifting?), use your ashtray (ghetto but works), or whole saw a couple holes in your center console lid (I have to buy another tool). The latter looks the best but I think a drop in piece that doesn't require modification would be best.

I'm playing with the idea of making it out of either black, clear, or smoked clear plastic. What do you prefer? The clear plastic one could be painted on the back side for infinite color options while keeping the topside durable so you wouldn't mess up your paint job by actually using it.

Anyway. What do you think. If I made some would anyone else be interested in buying one?

Thanks for your input.

Last edited by riprodder; 02-20-2016 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: Update
riprodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links