View Single Post
Old 05-06-2022, 03:39 AM   #12
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
On topic of tires and traction, I have a question(s)

I've never purchased 'good' tires before, just the cheapest.

But now I'm thinking of getting a better tire, looked at some reviews, pretty sure I want to try the Nitto 555 G2 as my first 'better than average' tire. It scores higher than the NT05 in most reviews, everything except traction dry of course.
But the trade off in treadwear seems worth it.

I need a daily driver tire, that won't heat cycle or whatever. And wont pickup debris.
Any other suggestion for street tire that has long life? I notice the nitto "motivo" has a huge treadwear number. How much worse than a G2 would the traction be...

And also, this is the exact one I'm looking at
NT555 G2:
295/45ZR18 112W XL Treaddepth: 10.2 Diameter inflated: 28.46 Width: 11.65 Rim size:9.5-(10.0)-11.0

Supposed to be 28.46" Tall! Will that fit on the back of my stock suspension S14?
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote