View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #44
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonW View Post
If I were to register it in Ontario for example, where I have family, wouldn't I be targeted pretty much every time a cop saw me with said car in Quebec? From what I've heard, registering my car elsewhere hasn't been an effective loophole in the system.
Hearsay is just that... I cannot speak for Canadian or individual providence laws as, I do not know them. However, I highly doubt you would be "targeted" unless you are drawing unnecessary attention to yourself. Even if you did happen to get pulled over, showing proof of insurance, valid registration and tags, what are they going to nab you for? Having your car registered with another family members name on the slip isn't going to warrant an arrest.

Now, I'm not saying you should do that. In the event you should get in to a horrible drifting accident, killing a family or injuring someone, everyone on that slip is eligible to be "gone" after for retribution. Keep that in mind.