View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 07:05 AM   #12
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Are we just gonna ignore the fact by far the best power for budget is built KA-T??? Just a mild built block can take mid 500s-600 which is more than enough. All engines from LS to SR to JZ all basically cost the same as far as good fast mods. Having decent manifold, top feed injectors, switching to e85, bigger fuel pump, spark standalone, trans swap, etc Most of us here arent making more than north of 500 for the average schassis. Anymore power and you're either full straight line racing or competing in pro am/tracking.

Its seems to me like this thread is more of humble brag for the LS instead of people saying why they like certain engines such as feel in the car, parts availability, community for the engine, cost, street/track potential, having AC, and so on.

Tbh Im for KA, I made 467whp/462tq stupid easy and its a daily on e85 with AC I get like maybe 12-14mpg with mix driving. Havent taken it to the track yet but building the motor myself, cost of everything with good parts it was fairly easy. I kinda wanted to do a swap but just getting the engine in the car for the amount of money I put in the KA I'd be sitting at what? Max 300-350whp on 5.3 iron block, stock 2jz or stock SR20 with bolt ons?

If I had to do another engine it be in another chassis. Either a SR20VET grip build shooting for bare minimum 550 whp or a reliable drift car with a stock 2jz with some bolt ons making at most 400whp

Last edited by R3b; 11-26-2018 at 07:50 PM..
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote