View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 01:14 AM   #11519
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Interesting article. Never been a fan of Velostar looks. The car looks Focus ST size. Also interesting the writer being a fellow FiST owner, and considering that the FiST is considered to be ome of the most fun cars to drive in modern day cars. His statement of like the car, yet he was not shouting to the trees how awesome it was. His enthusiasm seemed reserved. Lol
It does seem like Hyundai is trying to go after both the FiST and FoST. Well as the GTI in one fell swoop. Thats a tall order .
I stll say we have to see on this one and I do admit to never being a Hyundai fan. Thouh I can admit that now make reliable cars.

I still think the FiST is hard to top in shear driving enjoyment. I know former Porsche owners, former Focus RS owners, BMW M3 and M2 owners, WRX STI and EVO owners that all own FiST’s now.
Those are some tall shoes for Hyundai to fill.
I'm not really sure the Fiesta st really has any meaningful competitor, especially if you can get one at discount. It's a real shame the next model won't get sold in the US (hope the Ford ceo gets his ass fired).

I've been skeptical of hyundai in the past, but I think the veloster n is wonderful step in the right direction. It would not be my first choice if I were to get a fun car, but I also want to acknowledge that they moving in a direction I wish other manufacturers would follow or continue.

No its not the best looking car and I wish there was the i30 N instead, but I also think there's not a huge amount of fun cars under $35k today that has so many positive qualities (stick, lighter, fun to drive, performs well, handles well, etc). That a company still makes a fun car in stick today pretty much is an act of charity.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote