View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
EvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to EvilRB Send a message via MSN to EvilRB
Arrow Used Nismo 2 way LSD Maintance

Hey guys, so I searched around and I can't really seem to find a soild answer to my question.
I got a Nismo 2 way Clutch type LSD the other day off ebay for a great deal and before I put it in my car this week I want to do some maintance on it.
I'm trying to look up if there is anything I should do to it or look for before I install it.
Also I'm reading mixed reviews on what type of fluid to use.
So say on Nismo's Synthetic is ok, others say no way...
I already have Redline 80w140 that I was going to use for my VLSD and I'm wondering if that is ok to run during the breaking in period?
Then I've read that Motul 90pa was good for this but was it ok to run the redline prior?
and since it's a clutch type LSD should I scuff up the clutch plates prior to install to clean them up like on bike clutch maintance? or am I over thinking this?
I'm basically going to treat it like new since I don't know the history and the seller couldn't tell me anything either.
If someone has a link to a thread or can provide any help to these questions would be apriciated!

I think it's a Nismo SSS can someone confirm?
Here is a picture of the 2 way for refrence:

I can provide more pictures if needed.