View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 08:46 AM   #30
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
is this Jon? hit me up this is austin.. ill let u know how to do it.. i did it to my old s13.. drilled the front hubs from 4 to 5lug..

Use a drill press.. I used a 5lug rotor that i previously drilled for for lug use, i used it as a guide since it was already perfect alignment..
thats the right idea.
remove 3 of the 4 lugstuds from the old hub.
place 5lug rotor over hub and remainig lugstud.
push it down flush so it centers itself on the hub-register and seats all nicey nice and hubcentric.

now you can see where to drill the 4 holes to finish up the 5lug.
you better drill nice and carefully easy peasy.
keep the hole size correct so you have a small enough hole to fit the knurled lugstuds just right and so they have enough material to grip and not spin out / strip out when you tighten or loosen the lugnuts.
its easy to drill up in sizes bit by bit until so you only remove a little material each pass, its time consuming but works out better in the end.