View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 06:22 PM   #1
evulhotdog

Trader Rating: (0)
evulhotdog is an unknown quantity at this point
▒☆ 1978 Datsun 280z 5spd / Fender Flares / Complete ☆▒

What I have is a 1978 280z, it has a stock L28 with headers and a full straight exhaust with a brand name muffler. The previous owner was leg1t who I purchased it from on this forum. The owner before him was a collector and thats the reason for the beautiful state of the car. The floorboards have been replaced by the collector. Its on full tokico shocks/springs. All electricals and everything on the car is completely functional, including the infamous center gauge pods and the combo switch (which I replaced it myself when I bought the car).

The bad: It burns oil on deceleration. This is due to old/cracked valve stem seals. When I purchased the car from leg1t, the same issue existed. I had purchased almost everything to do the job, minus the actual valve stem seals itself and had intended to do it this winter, but due to some financial circumstances I was unable to complete it.

Below is the link to the album of the current state of the car, currently the steering wheel is on and pictures were taken while I was replacing the combo switch. I took it for a spin on Monday and it started right up.

http://imgur.com/a/q94Hb

$12k FIRM or trade for a clean kouki w/ rb swap

Last edited by evulhotdog; 03-23-2015 at 04:58 AM..
evulhotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links