View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanDean View Post
Number one, I would never pay $3000+ for these new. They're basically the same thing as their GR+ dampers but with external reservoirs.

It's excellent marketing because the expensive part is the damper itself, not the braided line and reservoir, so doubling the retail by adding only maybe 10% more to their cost is a no-brainer.

Also they are used, aka instant 30-40% off retail price.

I offered what I can reasonably afford, and I mainly want them for the bling factor, Standard GR+ would suit me fine for drifting.

Recently picked up FOUR double adjustable PENSKE's for $1000, new they are $1700 EACH

Sorry bro but I don't fall for the 240sx hype tax/drift tax.

I know real racing parts, I have real suspension on my other cars, and I especially know good dampers.

Don't expect me to pay premium prices for startup brands, when I can get Sachs 3-way WTCC suspension for $2500

Cheers

Thats all fine and dandy but why not PM him your lowball and spare his thread your useless insight? I understand that $3K is a high retail for a startup but that doesn't change the fact that it's the price. It's one thing to PM someone what you have to offer and it's another thing to come off as a complete dick with your useless opinion on a suspension setup that YOU WANT. Just saying

Stance is not my cup of tea but price seems fair GLWS OP
Riq is offline   Reply With Quote